Antonette diPaolo Healey, et al., Editor
- Institutions: $200.00 / year — Information on trial access is available upon request.
- Individuals: $75.00 / year for unlimited access or 20 free logins per year.
- For existing users: When your subscription expires, please visit our online store. Click on “Login” and login with your username and password. You may now use your username and password to access the DOE 20 times, i.e. for 20 logins.
- For new users: Please visit our online store. Click on “Login”, then click on “New Customer”. Fill in the information form and click on “Save” in order to set up a username and password. You may now use your username and password to access the DOE 20 times, i.e. for 20 logins.
- Once you have exhausted your free logins, you will receive an automated invoice. You can pay the invoice to get unlimited access to the DOE for a year, or you can wait for a year and we will grant you another 20 free logins.
- Outside Canada, all prices are in US dollars.
- List of Institutions Currently Subscribed to the DOEonline
- Subscribers: go to the DOEonline or access usage statistics
- Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- To purchase a site license for the DOEonline, please visit our online store
With the completion of I, the tenth letter of the Old English alphabet, the Dictionary is now available online. The Dictionary of Old English: A to I online includes the first release of the letter I, containing some 435 headwords, as well as revised versions of the nine previously published fascicles (1986-2016). DOEonline is distributed by site license to both institutions and individuals. Authentication for institutional subscribers is verified by the subscribing campus network’s authorized Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. No passwords are needed. Authentication for individual subscribers is verified by the subscriber’s email address and a password of the subscriber’s choice.
- You can run simple and Boolean searches on all the fields of the Dictionary.
- Keywords are highlighted in the search results.
- Hotlinks in the entries make it possible to bring up the entries of related words or the bibliographic reference of an Old English citation or its Latin source with the click of a mouse.
- The DOE is now linked to the online OED2/3, MED, and CoNE to facilitate seamless linguistic research.
- DOE: A to I includes 693 annotations on palaeographical cruxes with thumbnail images from Parker on the Web and links to the manuscripts.
- Internet Connection
- Institutional or Individual Subscription
- Browser: Chrome, FireFox, etc.
- SVGA monitor: 1024 x 768 pixels preferable